Welcome to a new travel series! I’ve found this new feature on google maps which means you can share your favourite spots around the world; so cue multiple of these coming your way! We’ve visited so many great places and now I can share them with you in the easiest way possible. …
With Mother’s Day in the UK coming up this Sunday I thought I’d share some ideas of gifts you could make at home for the lovely mother figure in your life.
This post is a little how-to and is designed for you to be able to save money by buying individual bouquets of flowers from your local farmer’s market or supermarket and putting them together to create a beautifully bespoke bouquet, worthy to make anyone who receives it smile. …
My idea of a perfect Sunday morning is spent at Columbia Road Flower Market. I visited last weekend with the family (dogs included); it’s such a nice place to explore and the stall holders are hilarious! …
Sunday is by far my favourite day of the week at the moment. It’s the last day before the week resets on the Monday; both something to savour and a very refreshing thought.
Here’s what I loved this week:
- Love- It’s back for the second season and I’m about half way through; it’s genuinely made me laugh out loud. If you’re looking for some real-life, cringey but can’t stop watching Netflix, I got you. It’s also made me want to go back to LA very soon!
- Spring- Yup, the season; it’s finally here! You’ll see me obsessively taking photos of blossom and skipping in a Spring-like manner while out walking the dogs.
- New Vinyls- I picked up The 1975 and Solange’s new albums when we were in Bath. There’s something about listening to an album the whole way through that’s really satisfying. So often you skip through singles on Spotify (which I also love by the way) without hearing the whole piece.
- Prince’s Trust Celebrate Success Awards- Steve and I were invited to the awards on Wednesday. It was amazingly inspiring to see how far all the finalists had come to be there in that room. The awards celebrates young people who have thrived through the support of the Prince’s Trust and through their own determination managed to get to a better place in their lives.
- A Country Walk- On Thursday my friend Gabi and I took the afternoon off and went for a walk. We walked and talked for over two hours around beautiful Polesden Lacey. I felt so refreshed when I got home and in a completely new head space. Would definitely recommend getting out of the house and going for a walk if you’re feeling stressed.
I hope you’ve had an amazing week and a relaxing weekend.
A week that started in Brighton and ended in Bath, it’s been a busy one! I always forget how many fun places there are to visit in the UK, so it was nice to be reminded of that this week.
- Brighton Photoshoot– Steve and I spent a day in Brighton shooting some photos for the Barbour Blog. I’m excited to see how they turn out!
- Silo– If you’re visiting Brighton you have to stop for breakfast or lunch here. I’d heard a lot about it as it’s a no waste restaurant. I went for the Silo breakfast with crispy seaweed. Sounds strange, tastes amazing!
- Colonna & Small’s Coffee Shop– We stopped here for a quick coffee on Friday and ended up staying for an hour. The coffee was outstanding and the staff were so nice. If you’re ever in bath definitely go and visit.
- Magalleria– Another Bath find but I couldn’t leave it out! A magazine shop like no other, as soon as you walk in you’re hit with the smell of brand new magazines, which is one of my favourites. I spent ages deciding on which ones I was going to take home.
- Broadchurch– If you’ve been reading this blog for a while, you’ll know I love a good crime drama. Broadchurch is back and it’s just as good as ever! I love David Tennant and Olivia Colman together. via GIPHY
Thanks so much for the awesome response to my feminist post; I spent a long time writing it and it means a great deal to me to have people reading and reacting to it.
the advocacy of women’s rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.
Happy Sunday! How’s your week been? Steve was away in Finland and I stayed at my mum’s as the builders are still working on the flat; so living out of a suitcase for another week but getting pretty good at it now! …
How has Sunday come around so quickly?! This week has been a busy one and we’ve been back in the flat, even though it’s not quite finished yet! …
These last couple of weeks have been slightly all over the place. Steve and I are finally having work completed on our flat; so have moved out while the ceilings are plastered and our electrics are sorted. With a super busy couple of weeks and a trip to Paris in between I feel like my feet haven’t hit the ground. But it’s nice to find a bit of time to think back through the events of the last two weeks. …