Let’s be realistic, I say these are Sunday morning pancakes, but at the moment I’m eating them about 3 times a week! If you’ve got a Nutri-bullet/food processor you’re winning, if you haven’t; I used to make these up in a bowl and use a fork to mush up the ingredients. Though they’re not as smooth, they still taste just as good! Take a a look at the super easy recipe below!
- 3 Tablespoons of Whole Grain Rolled Oats
- 1 Tablespoon of Chia Seeds
- 1.5 Tablespoons of Milled Flax Seeds
- 1 Egg
- 1 Ripe banana
- Coconut cooking oil
(Optional toppings: Fruit, berries, nut butter, honey)
* These could be made with just an egg, banana and oats if you don’t have chia and flax seeds at home.
- Roughly chop the banana and place into your Nutribullet cup or mixing bowl.
- Add the oats, chia and flax seeds on top of the banana.
- Add the egg last, cracking it straight into your cup/bowl.
- Place lid on and mix together.
- Once all mixed together, add 3/4 of a spoonful of coconut oil to your frying pan (if you don’t have coconut oil you could use a very small amount of olive/vegetable oil) and turn on medium to high heat.
- Once all the oil has melted/hot. Pour the mixture out of the cup/ bowl. The consistency is pretty thick so don’t worry if it doesn’t make perfectly round pancakes or if it all joins together, you can separate it when you turn the pancakes over.
- Keep an eye on the mixture and you’ll notice the top of the pancakes change colour from the outside in. Once the colour change has reached the middle of your pancakes, it’s time to use a spatula to turn them. (If your pancakes have made one giant pancake, use your spatula to split it before you turn it over).
- The other side will be a little bit quicker to cook through so should only take a minute.
- Once your pancakes are cooked through, transfer them from your pan to your plate and add your toppings.
These are by far my favourite breakfast, especially when the weather outside it slightly miserable, these cheer me right up!